Friday, November 24, 2006

 

.fx shaders

Another struggle, against .fx shaders. I'm not satisfied with the models I'm importing into my engine: my ideas were not to use texture maps, but only vertex colours. I believed this let the engine run smoother, but it's not like that. A convincing bitmap translation into vertex colors requires tons of vertices, so my ideas were wrong and I'm swiftly looking for different solutions.
I'll try to realize a combination of:

1) mid-poly models
2) normal mapping
3) vertex colors
4) texture mapping

I might switch to low polys models, as probably the point of view of the player will never get so close to discover the tricks. I've found FX composer by nvidia, I'll experiment with it in the weekend and I'll try to have clearer ideas by the next week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?